- H.264 compression.
- Independent operation system: ROTS (Real Time Operating System).
- Images from four channels can be recorded with 4CIF (704 x 576) resolution at 25 fps (6 fps each channel).
- Online viewing of images from every camera with original quality:
- On the local monitor,
- On a remote computer - with ULTIMAX client program.
- Audio recording and network transmission of one audio channel (OggVorbis compression, 16 Kbps).
- Possibility of creating up to 15 user accounts with individual access rights.
- Multi-level, individually configurable structure of passwords and access rights to various functions.
- Possibility of creating 4 time intervals during one day for different kinds of recording:
- triggered by motion detection,
- triggered by alarm,
- motion and alarm,
- motion or alarm..
- Fully independent (for each channel/camera) adjustment of recording parameters (resolution, number of frames per second, bitrate, pre- and post-alarm periods).
- Independent choice of recorded channels for different alarm inputs.
- Network software allows to manage several DVRs and other ULTIMAX and ULITCAM devices (video servers and IP cameras). Easy operation thanks to user-friendly graphic interface, including mouse pointer.
- Cooperation with external recorders/devices (CD/DVR, hard disc, USB flash drives) connected via USB port - easy backup, review and playback of recordings.
- Support for one SATA HDD (up to 2 TB).
- Simple, intuitive mouse-navigated menu (in English or Polish).
- Easy backup of archives:
- to external memory devices connected via USB (HDD, DVD, USB flash),
- to client computer in the network (with ULTIMAX Remote Client Software).
- Precise motion detection. Possibility of defining channels that are to be recorded after triggering alarm in a camera path - unique function that eliminates waste of disc space typical for the majority of DVRs which trigger recording of all channels.
- Possibility of setting for each camera up to 4 privacy areas/masks.
- Possibility of sound or OSD warnings about alarm situations.
- "Alarm fortify" function - remote alarm. ULTIMAX client software will create in the network a communication tunnel with the front DVR. After an alarm has been triggered (sensor alarm, video motion detection etc.), the DVR will send alarm information to remote client software. The software will display the information in client log and make warning sound.
- Possibility of remote PTZ control provided by ULTIMAX Remote Client Software.
- Possibility of embedding maps (BMP files with deployment of cameras) which enable the operator of a bigger monitoring system to quickly localize the spots and manage the surveillance network.
- Firmware update via USB or ULTIMAX Remote Client.
- Small size and weight.
Recording speed (each channel)
4CIF - 6 fps
25 fps at 4CIF (each channel)
(total: 100 fps at 4CIF 704 x 576)
Audio recording/ compression
1 channel 16Kbps / OggVorbis
Max 2TB (1 x HDD SATA)
Support for external memory devices
HDD-USB, DVD-USB/SATA, Pendrive –USB,
VGA, 2 x Video 1 Vp.p 75 Ω
Multiklient , Web
Viewing recordings on another device
Pre / post alarm
5 to 30 s / 5 s to 10 min
USB mouse, local keyboard, remote control, LAN
Passwords, individual access rights, MAC address
English or Polish
315 mm x 230 mm x 45 mm
2.8 kg (without hard drive)
Efficient operation in LAN
where di means bitrate in Kbps. For ULTIMAX DVRs there can be selected bitrates from 32 Kbps to 8000 Kbps.
|Security features||Management||Creating/deleting user accounts. One default administrator can create up to 15 user accounts and define their privileges.|
|Disc operations||HDD management||Formatting, displaying information.|
|Recording||Manual recording, continuous recording, motion detection, external alarm and their combinations.|
|Recording parameters||Bitrate, frame rate, quality level etc.|
|Playback||Playback according to time, file by file, quick search, slow, pause, frame by frame, synchronous playback of two channels.|
|Backup||Backup of video files and video clips.|
|Local monitoring||Live monitoring||Live viewing on VGA/video monitor. Screen splits: 1/1, 1/4, 1/9, 1/16. Automatic/manual switching.|
|PTZ control||Pan, tilt, zoom, focus and iris. Presets, sequences,tours.|
|Motion detection||Setting of areas, sensitivity levels, handling methods.|
|Alarm inputs||Handling methods, schedule programming.|
|Privacy areas||Masking some areas.|
|Exceptions||Extraordinary events: disc error, discs full, illegal access etc.|
|Channel status||Recording, video loss.|
|Network operation||ADSL||PPPoE, DNS.|
|Live monitoring||TCP, UDP, RTP, Multicast.|
|Management||Control of DVR functions via the network.|
|Alarm||Notification about alarms sent to managing computer.|
|PTZ control||Remote PTZ control (from client computer).|
|Remote configuration||Remote setting of DVR parameters.|
|Remote recording||Recording through the network.|
|Remote playback||Playback through the network.|
|Download||Downloading of recorded files.|
|Remote update||Firmware updating.|
|Transparent channel||Remote control of device connected to DVR serial port.|
|Web||Access to DVR via IE.|
|PSTN||Connection through PSTN.|
|View log||Access to DVR log.|
|Intercom||Bidirectional voice connection/public address announcements|
Remote client software supports three kinds of users - administrator, advanced operator and operator. Their individual rights are the following:
Live preview, Image capture, Recording, Voice talk, Electronic map
Live preview, Image capture, Recording, Voice talk, Electronic map, PTZ control, Video playback
Live preview, Image capture, Recording, Voice talk, Electronic map, PTZ control, Video playback, Alarm configuration, View log, Video parameters, System configuration
ULTIMAX Remote Client Software also allows remote setup of DVR parameters:
- Choice of channel to be modified.
- Channel name: up to 20 characters.
- Frame rate: full (PAL: 25FPS, NTSC: 30FPS), 20, 16, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16.
- Maximum bitrate: 32kbps, 48kbps, 64kbps, 80kbps, 96kbps, 128kbps, 160kbps, 192kbps, 224kbps, 256kbps, 320kbps, 384kbps, 448kbps, 512kbps, 640kbps, 768kbps, 896kbps, 1Mbps, 1,25Mbps, 1,5Mbps, 1,75Mbps, 2Mbps, 4Mbps, 8Mbps, or "Self definition".
- Resolution: by default - CIF, other options are QCIF, 2CIF, and 4CIF.
- Image quality: 6 options (only effective for variable bitrate option).
- Bitrate type: variable/fixed.
- Schedule option / setup.
- Pre-recording time / post-recording time: setting adequate periods of recording time before/after alarm event.
- Motion detection setup:
- motion detection areas,
- sensitivity level,
- channels to be recorded,
- alarm response policy,
- motion alarm schedule,
- alarm response policy in case of video loss.